July 20, 2024
Tragic Stadium Disaster Leaves 174 Dead in Indonesian Football Squash

Tragic Stadium Disaster Leaves 174 Dead in Indonesian Football Squash

A tragic stadium disaster in Indonesia has left around 125 people dead, most of them police trampled to death. The use of tear gas by the police has been banned by FIFA, and the President of FIFA has called the tragedy a “dark day for football and the sport of football.”

125 dead in Indonesian football match

The tragic stampede at an Indonesian football stadium Squash last weekend has left at least 125 dead and nearly 200 injured. It happened after the home team Arema FC lost a match to bitter rivals Persebaya Surabaya. After the match, police used tear gas to calm the crowd, but it wasn’t enough, and the crowd erupted into a stampede.

Police in Indonesia have been criticised for their handling of the crisis, which resulted in the death of around 125 people. It was revealed that tear gas was fired by police in response to a pitch invasion, causing a stampede among panicked supporters. The use of tear gas by police is banned by FIFA, and the incident has led to questions about the conduct of the police.

The Indonesian government has apologised for the tragedy and said it will investigate the incident. In a televised speech, the president of Indonesia offered his condolences and ordered a thorough examination of the football match and security measures. While the president did not mention the use of tear gas, the rights groups have blamed the police for the incident.

Police use tear gas to dispel riots

The police used tear gas to dispel riots in an Indonesian football squash match and 125 people were killed, with a number of people dying as a result. The victims were among the thousands of fans in the stadium, which was in chaos, and many more were injured. According to the police, more than 100 people were in intensive care at eight hospitals.

Amnesty International Indonesia said the police used excessive force to disperse the crowds. It said it could not be justified and called for an investigation into the incident. The rights group said police should not have used tear gas without warning. It also condemned the use of water cannon at close range. It called for a full investigation into the police’s actions and said that it hoped the incident was the last of its kind.

Amnesty International called for an independent investigation into the incident and said that tear gas should be used only when widespread violence is occurring. The Indonesian government suspended the BRI Liga 1 competition in the wake of the incident. Meanwhile, FIFA president Gianni Infantino said the incident was a “dark day” for soccer and had asked for a report from the PSSI. In addition, Indonesia’s human rights commission said it would look into the incident and the use of tear gas.

The violence broke out after a domestic soccer match in Indonesia. The game between Persebaya Surabaya and Arema Malang ended in a stampede and a resulting death. Although the organizer of the match banned the fans from the stadium, the crowds still managed to mob the police with bottles and flares. The violence led to the evacuation of the visiting sports minister from the stadium.

The incident has caused much debate among Indonesians on social media. Some Indonesians took to Twitter to express their displeasure at the excessive use of tear gas by police. Several tweets containing the Indonesian word “pembunuh” became trending on Twitter. Other terms like “tear gas” were also trending.

Stadium disaster leads to riots

Indonesia is hosting the FIFA Under-20 World Cup next year and is currently bidding to host the 2023 Asian Cup. However, the tragic stadium disaster in Kanjuruhan has raised questions about police handling of the incident. The government has apologized for the incident and has promised an investigation. Meanwhile, many Indonesians have taken to social media to denounce the use of tear gas.

The stadium collapse in Indonesia is not the first time that a football match has gone horribly wrong. It has occurred in other parts of the world, including Britain. The Hillsborough Stadium in Sheffield collapsed in 1989, killing 96 Liverpool fans. In a subsequent incident, more than 1,000 people were injured.

Police responded to the riots by firing tear gas into the crowd, which is prohibited in football stadiums. As a result, many spectators died on the way to hospital and from injuries. The death toll is expected to rise in the coming days. The Indonesian football association has suspended all matches and banned Arema from hosting any more matches for the rest of the season.

As of Sunday, 125 people have died in the tragedy. The rioting started after Arema FC was defeated 3-2 by Persebaya Surabaya FC. The police fired tear gas into the crowd and caused panic. In addition, the rioting resulted in the burning of five police vehicles.

The stadium’s capacity was filled beyond capacity, with more than four thousand tickets being sold. Authorities have warned that there should be warning signs to ensure crowd dispersal. The chief security minister of Indonesia said that 42,000 tickets were issued for a stadium designed for 38,000 spectators.

Indonesian president orders suspension of Liga 1 matches

Indonesian President Jokowi has ordered a suspension of all Liga 1 matches until the investigation is completed. He said that Saturday’s incident should be the last soccer tragedy in his country. Meanwhile, rights groups have demanded answers from the Indonesian police regarding the use of tear gas and other crowd-control devices. Fifa stadium safety guidelines state that crowd control devices should not be used outside of the field of play.

The president of Indonesia has ordered the suspension of all Liga 1 matches until an investigation has been completed into the deaths of 125 football fans in a stampede on a football field. The incident happened late Saturday in the East Java province, after police sprayed tear gas into the crowd. Those who died were mostly football fans who invaded the pitch after their team lost. As a result, police had to use tear gas to disperse the crowd and break up the unruly supporters.

Violence in football has been a constant problem in Indonesia, and the president has now ordered a temporary suspension of all Liga 1 matches until the problem is resolved. The 18-team top-flight league boasts huge crowds and rivalries that regularly turn violent. However, Indonesians love football, and football fans in particular have a hard time holding their emotions in check.

The incident took place after Arema FC’s game against Persebaya Surabaya. The Arema supporters invaded the pitch after the match, triggering a stampede. The police fired tear gas to quell the crowd, causing an impromptu stampede that killed at least two people.

Indonesian President Joko Widodo has ordered the suspension of all Liga 1 matches following the tragedy in a football stadium. The tragedy in the East Java province, which claimed dozens of lives, led the Indonesian president to order a review of stadium security measures. The Football Association of Indonesia has also launched an investigation into the matter.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *